Sunday, November 28, 2010

When I Preview Property I Bring Along 600 People

Every week, as a Realtor, I get in my car and drive around the cities in my market area and preview all the latest and newest property listings. I'm out doing my research and looking for the best deals and values for present clients and future clients. On average, I will see between 20 to 40 new properties a week!

And, when I am out looking, I am taking along 600 people with me! That's right 600 people!

This again is part of the Mobile Mindset! I want anyone that has contact with me to see the best deals as I see them and in real time or as close to real time as possible. Again, the tool is my Iphone. Using the tool isn't that innovative or hasn't already been tried, but the key is in the how to apply the tool in a way that maximizes it's usefulness! How do I apply it in a way that best benefits the folks I work with? How do I use a Mobile Mindset?

OK, an example of what I will do at a property that I feel is an exceptional deal and is a standout value. Keep in mind, I am not looking for the best deal or value for any one day. I am looking for a good deal or value in general. I might go a week or two without highlighting a property. I'm selective! It has to be good!

Anyway, here is a typical scenario. If I like a certain property I immediately take a few photos with my Iphone. Right away, before I go to the next property, I work on getting the word out!

One, I tweet a "Hot Property Alert" to my Twitter followers. Always a #hotpropertyalert hash tag.

Two, I send a specific text message to any clients who have expressed an interest in this type of property. They get a text message as I see the property. They know it is real time!

Three, I send an email to the same client or clients

Four, I send an email blast to my group email list which consists of past clients, friends and colleagues. They are always interested in value and in what is happening in the local Real Estate market.

Five, and I will do this if I have a little more time. With the photos I create a very quick video montage with Animoto. I like Animoto because I like the way they edit the images and I like the music and vibe. It has energy that I like. I can tweet this or email or both.

Six, I check in with Foursquare at the location. This way a map is included and I am immediately the Mayor! Just for fun.

Seven, when I tweet the Hot Property Alert, I include #in so that my connections on Linkedin are included.

Eight, my Facebook friends are notified because of the Facebook/Twitter connect.

Nine, if I have one client who must see this property because they are a very active buyer, they get the ultimate reach out. They get a phone call from me while I am at the property. Old school yes, but my clients know that when I call it is a property they must see!

Ten, and this is after I get back to the office, I will post a little more information about the properties on my website page "Comments and Gem's of Wisdom". This page has built up a following as a resource or brief summation of the Hot Property Alerts.

With this strategy I presently cover over 600 people and growing. And, there is very little overlap because of the diversity of the sources. Not all my Facebook friends are on my email group list. Twitter covers a broader base. My Linkedin connections are another entirely different group. Visitors to my website can come from anywhere. And the most important, the focus on one individual client who's needs fit the property.

That is how I fit 600 people in my car when I go preview the latest property listings!

I am working on true video next although it takes a little more time. I'm sure I am behind the curve on that one.

With an open Mobile Mindset, this strategy could change!

Kevin Nolan

No comments:

Post a Comment