Friday, November 26, 2010

"What in the World is This?"


This is my first foray into using QR codes of any kind. This is in keeping with my Mobile Mindset that I discussed in a previous post.
This ad is a full page in our local community tab newspaper. I put the ad in the real estate section which has about 80 pages of property ad listings, all the standard with photos, description, price, etc.
I wanted a lot of white space around the QR code for effect and it has worked. The QR code is a link to a property website. The ad itself has no description of the property, the price or any photos. It isn't even clear that it is for a property until you read the bubble quote above my head.
This ad went out in our local newspaper this morning and I am extremely pleased with the response! I checked in on my Google Analytics for the site and traffic is up dramatically. Also, I have had a number of calls from other agents commenting on the ad. All positive.
The beauty of course, is that it is new, unique to our market and it positions me as a leader locally in technology and mobile marketing for real estate. It will create a buzz.
My plan is to use QR codes for not only property listings, but also for my blog page, or my home page, or Twitter. The fun is in being creative! Each ad will have a headline that has zero to do with real estate and hopefully will contain some humor. Think the VW Beetle ads from years ago.
The full impact is yet to be measured........but I'm already working on next weeks ad!

No comments:

Post a Comment